Global Geosynthetics Industry News
The Leading Source of News and Information on Geosynthetics Worldwide
First international geosynthetics welding competition (GeoGames) – Breaking News
Twelve geomembrane liner installation companies from around the world will have a shot at representing their companies and at winning the first title and trophy for ‘’Best International Geosynthetics Installation Team” in this exciting new historic competition.
New ASTM International Standard Will Help in Construction of Geosynthetic Clay Liners
W. CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., August 2, 2018
A new ASTM International standard will help those who construct and install geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs), which are used to help with containment for: landfills; coal combustion residual storage cells; mining operations; and remediation and environmental protection projects.
The new standard (D8204) focuses on evaluating both best practices as well as possible negative impacts of installing and constructing GCLs. ASTM’s committee on geosynthetics (D35) developed the standard.
According to ASTM International member Kent von Maubeuge, the new standard is meant to be used with full-scale GCL installation test pads, not laboratory evaluations.
“The practices outlined in the standard provide for project-specific parameters and, thus, can provide real project insight into how GCL materials should be installed on a specific site to achieve optimal engineered barrier performance,” says von Maubeuge, director, corporate identity and corporate communication, as well as senior product manager, NAUE GmbH & Co. KG.
According to von Maubeuge, who chairs the GCLs subcommittee (D35.04), insights from using the new standard will help design engineers, facility and project owners, specification writers, certified quality auditors, and geosynthetic installers.
Also, manufacturers will benefit from the variations in data from different test pads, which may support the development of future GCL products.
Stratec Geosolutions Products to Make Ground Good for Engineers
Stay Up to Date and Stay In Touch with the Latest Geosynthetic News by Signing Up for the GNA Newsletter
• GNA now has +30,000 views per month
• Articles published on GNA get thousands of views and are distributed widely through 3rd Party Affiliates
• GNA is now the most read source of Breaking News on Geosynthetics Worldwide
• Since GNA is published up to 12 times per month, no other source of Geosynthetic Industry News comes close to being as current and up-to-date
• In 2017 we have increased readership by 10,000+ though India, Africa and Asia
• Special Advertising Packages Available for Geosynthetic Manufacturers, Installers, and Service Providers.
ExcelPlas Geosynthetics Testing Expands Geosynthetic Testing Offerings
ExcelPlas now performs more than 120 standard geosynthetic tests in accordance with relevant ASTM, GRI and ISO standards.
We have extensive experience with all types of geosynthetics – from geomembranes (HDPE, LLDPE, fPP), geotextiles to geonets, geogrids, geocomposites and and geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs).
As a Nationally Accredited Testing Laboratory, our technicians, equipment and quality system are monitored regularly for proficiency and compliance assuring that you can count on quality results every time.
🔔 Geosynthetic News Alerts – Your Global Source of Geosynthetic News and Technology. Current and Updated!
Among GNA’s objectives are:
- To promote and educate on the development of specifications and practices that help ensure the proper use of geosynthetics.
- To locate, interpret and disseminate new scientific research to manufacturers and users of geosynthetic materials.
- To enhance the knowledge and awareness of contemporary geosynthetic technologies amongst specifiers, users and installers.
🔔 GNA – World’s Leading Source of Breaking News on Geomembranes, Geotextiles and other Geosynthetics
This Newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Labs 🔬 Australia’s Largest group of Geosynthetics Testing Labs.
GNA is currently sent to over 7500 Geosynthetic Industry Members Globally every week.
GNA™ (Geosynthetic News Alerts™)
GBN™ (Geosynthetic Breaking News™)
GNAu™ (Geosynthetic News Australia™)
GNAf (Geosynthetic News Africa™)
GNC™ (Geosynthetic News China™)
GNCa™ (Geosynthetic News Canada™)
GNI™ (Geosynthetic News India™)
GNInd™ (Geosynthetic News Indonesia™)
GNU™ (Geosynthetic News United States™)
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬 and Geosynthetic News Agency