GNA – The Most Widely Read Online Geosynthetics Publication
Reaching more Players in the Geosynthetic Industry
NEWSMAKERS: * Afitex-Texel * Bob Koerner * Boyd Ramsay * Comanco * Draintube™ * ExcelPlas * FGI * GNA * Geosyntec * Geo-X * Gundle * IGS * Kerry Rowe * Knight Piesold * TenCate * WaterSolve LLC
GNA is the World’s #1 Online Source for Geosynthetic News and Information with More Subscribers in the Global Engineering Community
Be more intimately connected to the Geosynthetic world with our weekly newsletters.
Bob Koerner – A Retrospective of a Giant in Geosynthetics (Special Feature)
Boyd Ramsay Receives Highest Letters of Recommendation [PDF]
Affordability for Lithium Batteries Starts with Properly Engineered Geomembrane Liner Systems (Special Feature)
Leakage of HDPE-Lined Brine Ponds Can cause Extensive Environmental Damage
The 6 Most Common Reasons for Failure of Geosynthetics by Prof. Kerry Rowe
Almost all failures are associated with human errors, including:
- Designers without the appropriate knowledge copying drawings and specifications for what they think is a similar situation — without recognizing the important differences between the two projects (e.g., a subgrade of sand and gravel)
- Design without adequate consideration of the project needs and the conditions to which the geosynthetics will be exposed
- Design without recognizing the difference between different geotextiles, geomembranes, GCLs, and geocomposite drains, and how those differences will affect the ability of the geosynthetics to meet the design requirements for a particular project
- Design without considering the interaction between the different geosynthetic components and/or between the components and adjacent materials under field conditions
- Poor construction and inadequate CQA
- Operation of the facility in a manner not anticipated in the design (for example, placing more material than was anticipated in the design without checking stability, or recirculating leachate in a landfill that was not designed for leachate recirculation)
FGI Holds Biennial Meeting and Introduces New Officers & Board of Directors
- The newly elected FGI officers, who will serve two-year terms (2021–23), are:
- President: Patrick Elliott (Raven/Colorado Lining International)
- Treasurer: Brian Fraser (Layfield Group)
- Secretary: Duff Simbeck (Simbeck and Associates)
The newly elected FGI board of directors also will serve two-year terms (2021–23) and are:
- Doug Hilts (Hilts Consulting Group)
- Ray Peebles (Cooley Group)
- Steve Thaxton (Owens Corning)
- Jordan Wiechmann (Intertape Polymer Group)
Revolutionizing Containment Applications – GEOSYNTHETICS ARE AMAZINGLY GOOD, BUT NOT MAGICAL
Gundle Geosynthetics 100% Black-Owned Geomembrane Supplier in Africa
Geo-X Complete Massive 1 Million m2 HDPE Lined Gamsberg Zinc Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) Designed by Knight Piesold
Editorial: Geosynthetics for Development of Transportation Infrastructures
Congested Ports and Polyethylene Resin Supply Chain Woes Hit US factories and Stores and Delay Geomembrane Deliveries
TenCate Geosynthetics Publish Blog on Their Hengelo Site and History
Dewatering Contaminated Slurries Using Geotextile Tubes (What’ll They Think of Next?)
Swelling Behaviour and Permeability of Polymerized Bentonite with Due Monomers
Major Failure of Geogrid-Reinforced Soil Structure – The Yeager Airport Lesson
Draintube™ 606 from Afitex-Texel Geosynthetics for Radon Gas Mitigation – Sub-slab Depressurization
IGS UK: Comparative LCA of Geosynthetics versus Conventional Construction Materials (22nd April, 2021)
IGS UK: Gas Resistant Membranes – Where Civil Engineering Meets Construction (18th May, 2021)
Why Advertise with GNA?
- GNA is the most published geosynthetics-focussed news platform worldwide and continues to lead and inform the geosynthetics industry on the latest in geosynthetic technologies, innovations, and market trends.
- Increase your engagement levels with our global geosynthetic audience – positioning your brand as a thought leader within the industry.
- Exposure on the no.1 ranked geosynthetics industry news website in terms of unique visitors delivering measurable and reportable results in the form of hard leads with fellow industry experts opening communication channels that were not available to your business beforehand.
- GNA delivers highly targeted and cost-effective sales leads with a range of options to suit all budgets and needs.
- Content Marketing Team – GNA with our clients from strategy through to production and distribution, promoting your geosynthetic solutions accompanied by industrial insight from our team to deliver measurable tangible results.
GNA Now Offering Digital Marketing Packages
- Easily create, manage and post your news to a targeted global audience.
- Generate webinar and podcast links so your attendees can quickly save the date.
- Get real-time insights on how your marketing campaigns are performing.
- Effortlessly reach practically all the players in the geosynthetic industry worldwide with one click.
Stay Up to Date with the Latest Geosynthetic News by Signing Up for the GNA Newsletter!
• GNA now has +30,000 views per month
• Articles published on GNA get thousands of views and are distributed widely through 3rd Party Affiliates
• GNA is now the most read source of Breaking News on Geosynthetics Worldwide
• Since GNA is published up to 12 times per month, no other source of Geosynthetic Industry News comes close to being as current and up-to-date
• In 2017 we have increased readership by 10,000+ through India, Africa, and Asia
• Special Advertising Packages Available for Geosynthetic Manufacturers, Installers, and Service Providers.
ExcelPlas Geosynthetics Testing Expands Geosynthetic Testing Offerings
ExcelPlas now performs more than 120 standard geosynthetic tests in accordance with relevant ASTM, GRI, and ISO standards.
We have extensive experience with all types of geosynthetics – from geomembranes (HDPE, LLDPE, fPP), geotextiles to geonets, geogrids, geocomposites, and geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs).
As a Nationally Accredited Testing Laboratory, our technicians, equipment, and quality system are monitored regularly for proficiency and compliance assuring that you can count on quality results every time.
Geosynthetic News Alerts – Your Global Source of Geosynthetic News and Technology. Current and Updated!
Among GNA’s objectives are:
- To promote and educate on the development of specifications and practices that help ensure the proper use of geosynthetics.
- To locate, interpret and disseminate new scientific research to manufacturers and users of geosynthetic materials.
- To enhance the knowledge and awareness of contemporary geosynthetic technologies amongst specifiers, users, and installers.
GNA – World’s Leading Source of Breaking News on Geomembranes, Geotextiles, and other Geosynthetics
This Newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Labs Australia’s Largest group of Geosynthetics Testing Labs.
GNA is currently sent to over 7500 Geosynthetic Industry Members Globally every week.
Any news requests should be sent to email@example.com
To subscribe, visit https://www.geosyntheticnews.com.au/subscribe/
GNA™ (Geosynthetic News Alerts™)
GBN™ (Geosynthetic Breaking News™)
GNAu™ (Geosynthetic News Australia™)
GNAf (Geosynthetic News Africa™)
GNC™ (Geosynthetic News China™)
GNCa™ (Geosynthetic News Canada™)
GNI™ (Geosynthetic News India™)
GNInd™ (Geosynthetic News Indonesia™)
GNU™ (Geosynthetic News United States™)
(c) 2021 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs and Geosynthetic News Agency
GNA is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to GNA you agree to receive regular GNA newsletters as well as the GNA platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of GNA and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow GNA to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. GNA provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each GNA newsletter.